WELCOME TO OREGON SOCIETY OF PHYSICIAN ASSOCIATES
The mission of the OSPA is to advance the PA profession, to advocate for a quality, equitable, and accessible health care environment; to support the professional development of PAs; and to support the community of Oregon PAs.
Become a Member
We need/want all PAs in Oregon to discover why the OSPA is their professional home! Join Now and your membership will be activated on the date you join for one full year!
No other professional society advocates exclusively for the needs of Oregon PAs
Help the Oregon Physician Assistant Political Action Committee (PAC) support initiatives that will have an impact on the PA profession.
The Purpose of OSPA
This society shall be representative of Physician Associates within the State of Oregon. The Society is organized and shall be operated exclusively for educational and scientific purposes, to improve access of care, and advance the Physician Associates profession. In furtherance of these purposes, the Society shall, through appropriate mechanisms, strive to assure the public of a uniform entry-level and continued competency of Physician Associates. To represent Physician Associates and Physician Associates students so as to maximize the benefit of their services to the public, the Society shall:
- Encourage its membership to render quality service to the health professions and to the public;
- Assist in the development of role definition for the Physician Associates;
- Assist with the coordination and standardization of curricula for the Physician Associates;
- Participate in the accreditation of Physician Associates programs;
- Participate in the development of criteria leading to certification of the Physician Associates;
- Develop, coordinate, and participate in studies having an impact either directly or indirectly on the Physician Associates profession;
- Serve as a public information center with respect to its members, healthy professions, and the public; and
- Not with standing any other provision of these Bylaws, the Society shall exercise its powers, rights, and privileges, whether conferred by this instrument, or by the laws of the State of Oregon or otherwise, in furtherance of its educational and scientific purposes, and other goals.